Welcome to Sonic Mania: Advanced Quest!
This is a mod that aims to make a playthrough of Sonic Mania harder, or atleast a bit different of an experience.
[Check the Readme.txt!!! please...]
In this Pack there are 2 versions:
Standard Mode: The base mod.
Easy Mode: You have infinite lives (I recommend only using this version if you get frustrated too much with the standart version.)
You can play as any Characters, EXCEPT KNUCKLES!
- All checkpoints are rempved except before bosses
- Each Zone has a new palette
- The Zone order is changed
- Every Zone/act has a either a new gimmick, asthetic change or act order change (all with some different object placements)
- Max control (dropdash + Insta-shield + Super Peelout) is enabled by default.
- The Checkpoint Bonus Games are deactivated.
Here's the list of all the changes/additions:
- Green Hill Zone: Both acts are flooded, but there are plenty of bubbles around the stages. (You drown a bit faster in act 2).
- Stardust Speedway Zone: Both acts and the boss is flipped upside down with edited layouts, so it1s actually playable.
- Press Garden Zone: Act 1 is outside, Act 2 has a snowstorm, which pushes you (like in FBZ)
- Chemical Plant Zone: Both acts are being corrupted by the Phantom Ruby (yeah, it's a weird gimmick, I couldn't really do anything else with this stage, sadly).
- Hydrocity Zone: Both acts have no water (basically an improved version of my "dried out Hydrocity" mod).
- Studiopolis Zone: Both acts are flipped Horizontally.
- Flying Battery Zone: Both acts are always outside and have the Storm at all times (except in a few places in act 2 where it wouldn't really work).
- Mirage Saloon Zone: MSZ has 3 acts now: Act 1: Act 1K (modified, so it's completeable as any character), Act 2: Act 1E, Act 3: Act 2, but now it has a sandstorm, which pushes you.
- Oil Ocean Zone: Act 1 has the smoke, submarines and pullswitched, Act 2 has double smog (basically, when it starts draining rings, it removes 2 at a time).
- Lava Reef Zone: Act 1 and act 2 have been swapped and you fight both bosses in Act 3.
- Metallic Madness Zone: You are in chibi from in the entire Act 1, also in act 2, except for when you have to use the twisters to go behind the curtains.
- Titanic Monarch Zone: In act 1 you go from the Top of the stage to the bottom, Act 2's 4 sections are all different gimmicks.
- Egg Reverie Zone: The rings fly in less frequently.
- Concept and development: Balibali
- Title screen sprite and SCH logo: WizToad
I HOPE YOU ENJOY! :)