Name: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - DX Edition
Console: Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive
- RadioTails (Main Modder)
- Immense Chicken (Support)
- E-122-Psi (Sonic Sprite)
List of Improvements:
- An improved font for the dialog.
- New dialog for Dr. Robotnik and his 12 Robots.
- The name of the enemy is displayed during battle. This is done using 4 letters like in Puyo Puyo.
- The game has save (SRAM) support to save the Option Settings and High Scores.
- Sonic replaces Has-Bean.
- The Sound Test is available in the Options menu.
- The Music and Voice tracks in the Sound Test each have a Track Name.
- The unused music is now used at certain points in the game:
- Intro during Stages 4 to 6
- Battle during Stages 7 to 9
- Danger during Stage 13
- The region check has been disabled, so it will run on any region Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive.
- The dialog is currently the same as the one from the 2018 Sonic Hacking Contest. I plan to rewrite and polish the dialog for the next update.
- You can't currently reset the saved High Scores. Plan to add an option in the next update.
- In the Password section, Sonic's colors are flashing. I need to modify the code to stop the cursor from flashing.