NOTE: This hack is NOT related to FeliciaVal's old Shadow in S1 in every way. Please avoid making misinformation.
Since June of 2018, I've working on what could be the better way to play as Shadow on this classic 2D Sonic game, and here it is again! Released back in January, (Another) Shadow in Sonic 1 returns on a new update, including some minor fixes, 2 new features (along with new spritework), and accesible cheats for those lazy players who don't know what a Game Genie is! (no offense)
And before you ask "Where's the Homing Attack?", just take note that almost every member in the hacking scene agrees the technique is a big NO for classic 2D Sonic games. So I made an exception here and brought the Drop Dash directly from Sonic Mania instead, in order to provide a bit of variety.
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!
- B/C: Jump
- Down + A/B/C: Spin Dash
- Jump + Hold C: Drop Dash
- A: Light Dash
- (Only in midair) A/B/C: Forced Rolling
- Jump + Hold Up + B: Super Shadow / Revert (needs 6 emeralds)
- Jump + Hold Down + B: Chaos Blast (Only as Super; drains 10 rings)
- E-122-Psi: Coding and feedback (Wouldn't make it without him!)
- FireRat: Coding and Drop Dash porting
- JoenickROS: Custom SMPS (I Am All Of Me)
- Crash: Original Light Dash code
- MarkeyJester: Coding
- TheKKM, MotorRoach, & Kapacitado: Sprites related stuff
- J4y and Lisnovski: Additional Spritework
- VladikComper: MegaPCM
- Gemini0: Coding and Betatesting
- Mercury: Demo recording tool
- Aier: Betatesting
- Iso Kilo: Special Thanks
You can activate a few extras by playing sound $9A, $9B or $9C (you already know this one) in the sound test! Play $9D to deactivate everything.